nature lover in town

Sagada Travel Blog

Sagada rice terraces

The sun rose already at it's peak but the air remains cold. I woke up this morning looking forward for the next activity in town! We went back to the municipal hall as what we were told to meet our tourist guide (same guide yesterday). The initial destination of the day was Bomod-Ok falls. In order to get to that destination, we had to rent a van again and trek down Sagada rice terraces for more than half an hour. We trekked down under the sun but I didn't mind, because I enjoyed the stunning view surrounding us. We trekked down until we reached the falls.

Finally, I could see from distance the water cascading from the mountain! I took off my shirt and ran to the falls. The water's temperature was freezing, so I waded instead. I did nothing but to take pictures and enjoy the moment I was there.

Bomod Ok Falls
It's worth the journey! :)

We decided to leave after few minutes of pleasure, and started to trek back up to where we started. I could feel the Earth's gravity was pulling me back while my legs were already aching. If trekking down took us more than half an hour, this time it was harder and it took us more than an hour. The van driver was already waiting by the time we got the top.

We proceeded on to our next location, the Echo Valley. This time, trekking wasn't as hard as we did in rice terraces. We passed by the town's only church, St. Mary's. While on our way, I saw children happily playing around the church. They were playing a cultural game "patintero". I recall the days when I was their age, I was playing the same game while my mom cooks at home.

St. Mary's church
Nowadays, children get easily addicted in computer games. I can't resist to compare then and now. We may be getting older but the simple things that once made us the happiest shall always live on..........

Few meters from the church is Echo Valley, it also has great view. We tried to verify it's name by shouting out loud, and it's real. The voices bounced back! We stayed for a while to sitdown and relax as we watch the birds fly above the sky. It was very relaxing after a day long trekking! It was dusk when we left and headed to the nearest restaurant for dinner. Due to the curfew implemented at 9pm, we went back to our inn to drink a little and talk. We talked about the activities we did in the previous days, and we suddenly recalled the headhunters pictures taken few decades ago showed by our guide in the municipal hall. We all wondered if they still exist.  It's kinda scary, isn't? :)

Day is almost over, tomorrow will be another day of journey. A journey back home. Back to our ordinary lives in the busy streets of Manila.

St. Marys church
St. Marys Church
St. Mary's Church
sideview of St. Marys Church
sideview of St. Mary's Church
what a breathtaking scenery! :)
what a breathtaking scenery! :)
another breathtaking scenery!
another breathtaking scenery!
Sagada Hotels & Accommodations review
Affordable Inn for tourist visiting Sagada
If you visit Sagada, stay in this inn. This inn doesn't have the amenities you might be looking for,but rooms are clean and the owner is very kind and… read entire review
Sagada