Banaue Rice Terraces at last!

Banaue Travel Blog

stopover in Nueva Vizcaya

I woke up while everybody was still sleeping at dawn. We stopped over in Nueva, Vizcaya for those who wanted to pee (whose bladder were about to explode).  Nueva Vizcaya is a province of the Philippines located in the Cagayan Valley region in Luzon. I'd never been to this place before, and as soon as I get out of the bus, I could feel the freezing temperature....

We left after 15min, I tried to sleep again but my seatmate who snored so loud kept me from doing so. Tried to put my headset on and listen to music but his noise caused by snoring still penetrates my eardrum. I tried to look outside and enjoy the view of landscapes but the noise still bothers me. Geez, this guy must have been really tired so he didn't care about anybody anymore but to sleep.

me in Banaue rice terraces
If I only had the courage to scream "FIRE" just to wake him up, I could probably do so.... :)

Time passed by, and we finally reached Banaue. The temperatue was as freezing as Nueva Vizcaya's. We use this route so that we could drop by and have a picture of Banaue Rice Terraces. As we get off the bus, somebody from the outside approached us and offered a tour to the rice terraces. Since we didn't know where it was in Banaue, we accepted the offer and the guy took us to the rice terraces in a haggled price. Everywhere I look, I see rice terraces. I can't imagine how early people in this province thought this way of farming, and are still able to preserve it despite of high technology. It's indeed magnificent and certainly one of a kind!!!!

Banaue Rice Terraces