A day full of activities in Pagudpud

Ilocos Norte Travel Blog

Kabigan Falls in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte

We woke up early in the morning to have breakfast. While drinking coffee, we thought of visiting the tourist spots of Pagudpud. So, we contacted the tricycle driver who also took us to the hotel and offered a tour yesterday for 600php. Pagudpud is a coastal resort town on the northernmost tip of Luzon in the Philippines and 600php tour for some tourist spots was too much for a small town. We haggled, and thank God! The driver agreed to take us to their town's tourist spots for 400php. :)

We were picked up after breakfast and the tour began in Kabigan Falls. Kabigan falls is about 1.5 km from the national road where the driver dropped us off. We walked and passed by farmlands and streams, and finally we reached the falls after 30 minutes.

Me in Saud Beach
It's beauty is stunning, surrounded by big trees and the water is so clear! We wanted to swim but since we didn't bring extra shirt, we just waded in the water and it was freezing! I never thought the water would be so cold despite of the country's climate.  After few minutes, we took another 30 minute walk back to the national road. The tricycle driver then took us to another destination, Patapat Viaduct, the 4th longest bridge in the Philippines. Well, there is nothing much to see there but the view of the sea from the bridge. He also took us to the isolated Maira Ira beach which I really liked because of it's fine white sand, pristine water and lesser crowd. We walked barefoot along the shore and felt the sand giving our feet a good massage.

It was late in the afternoon when we finished the tour.

Sunset in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte
We're already starving, so we went straight to our hotel restaurant. The food was good but the price wasn't friendly. Though we had the choice to move to another restaurant, we just chose from the menu to fill our hungry stomach.

Time simply passed by, stomach was full already and we decided to go on the beach (Saud Beach) to swim. We changed our clothes and swam. I also had halo-halo (Filipino dessert) while I lay on my hammock as I watch the sun sets. A very beautiful and lively day full of activities is almost over and we talk about the plans for the next destination.

When, where and what will it be? ........ :)

mightor20 says:
nice post. pagudpud is really a great place to visit. :D
Posted on: Jun 09, 2010
Kabigan Falls in Pagudpud, Ilocos …
Kabigan Falls in Pagudpud, Ilocos…
kids happily playing in the beach