Pagudpud - Laoag - Manila

Ilocos Norte Travel Blog

Sinking Bell Tower

It's 9am and it's already time!!! Time to leave back for Manila to continue our daily lives. I wanted to stay for few more days, but I couldn't due to my work responsibilities. Since there was no bus leaving from Pagudpud straight to Manila, we got on a bus heading back to Laoag which is 2.5hrs from Pagudpud.

On our way, we passed by Bangui Windmills and Burgos Cape Bojeador. We didn't get a chance to take a good picture of those because the bus was moving fast.  I fell asleep while the bus was traversing along the highway and when I woke up we were already there. We got to Laoag at almost 12nn and had our lunch in Jollibee (Philippine version of McDonalds).

Windmill in Bangui, Ilocos Norte
  We wandered around the town and dropped by at the sinking bell tower of St. William's Cathedral for pictures. The Cathedral's sinking bell tower is the local version of Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy. It has sunk to the grounds and leans slightly. Today, a person of average height could hardly pass without stooping.

Bus bound for Manila arrived after few minutes and we rushed in to look for a better seat. Felt tired setting my mind about loads of work back in Manila, next day would be very exhausted! Manila might have shown a very big progress nowadays, but this progress undenies the fact that we are losing more valuable things.

I enjoyed my visit in Ilocos, I'd seen more than what I expected to see. Now, I know why most people love to visit Ilocos. Green farmlands, fresh air, heritage of rich culture, clean beaches and friendly people (ask them if you're lost and they'll lead you the right path to your destination) are the main factors.

I'll be back, with more friends when that time comes! :)

ADIOS AMIGOS!

Windmill in Bangui, Ilocos Norte
Sinking Bell Tower in Laoag, Iloco…
Sinking Bell Tower in Laoag, Iloc…
Ilocos Norte