Great People

Sorrento Travel Blog

My family and I spent 2 days in Rome and going on to spend 4 days in Sorrento. I have read in all the travel books to beware of the pickpockets at the Naples train station, well sad to say I was careless and someone stole my wallet as we were boarding the train to Sorrento, as I went to sit down for the hour long trip I realized my wallet was gone. There was nothing I could do until I go to my hotel in Sorrento. When we arrived at the Sorrento City Hotel we were greeted by one of he hotel staff, I mentioned to her what had happened to me on the train, she contacted the owner of the hotel Roberta who told her staff to help me make the necessary phone calls to my banks in the states and what ever else was needed to get this situation corrected. I had to contact my banks in the states to freeze my credit cards, which they very helpful in helping me to make the phone calls that I needed to do. That afternoon the owner offered to accompany me to the police station to make a report, she offered not only to take me but to interpret for me. That night after dinner we were surprised to find a basket of fruit and a bottle of wine with a note attached saying, we are glad you came and we are thankful we were able to help; here is a little gift from the hotel to say you’re here now “relax”. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning a trip to Sorrento and looking for a place to stay where you are treated like royalty.

Thanks Sorrento City Hotel & Staff