Worse Cruise Ever, Best Cruise Ever

New Orleans Travel Blog

Last year we went on two cruises. Our first cruise was on Carnival Ecstasy from Galveston Texas to Progresso Mx then on to Cozumel Mx. April 2009. We were so excited. In Progresso we had planned on going to the My an pyramids in Chichen Itza. Around this time was the H1N1 out break then known as Swine flue. We were watching the news closely and heard that there were allot of cancellations had also invited two of our friends Matt and Carry to come along. Carry of course was freaking out and wanted to cancel the cruise. I called Carnival and they had informed me that everything was scheduled as planned. We boarded the ship in Galveston and headed to Progresso Mx. The next day on the ship we heard the flue out break was getting worse. There were more and more outbreaks in the US and going to Mexico was not recommended by the US Government.

My son Andrew
The Captain announced we would be going NO WHERE because the problem in Mexico was getting worse. So We sailed in circles around the Gulf of Mexico for five days.

We made the most of it thought. We were on a Cruise vacation and I didn’t want to let anything spoil my time. We partied on the ship day and night. Met allot of great people gained an extra 10 pounds and then worked it off in the jim and the steam room. hahaha We made the most out of nothing and it worked out. There were allot of people real pissed off about the whole ordeal but what can you do Carnival wanted to protect its passengers I give them that.

When we got back home I called Josh who is our personal vacation planner at carnival. He has been for our last 4 cruises. He offered me a 50% discount on my next cruise.

Carnival Water Works
I took advantage of it and booked it right away for July28, 2009 and of course going out of New Orleans, LA on board the Carnival Fantasy, going from New Orleans LA to Progresso Mx and Cozumel Mx. We had the time of our life on that Cruise vacation. It was our sons first cruise and first time to New Orleans. The crew on that ship was extremely entertaining and we had the best cruise ever. The best part is we got to go to the Myan ruins in Chichen Itza and Cozumel.

Please enjoy some of the photos of our first couple of days. As I add to this blog on the destinations I will add more photos.

Enjoy! Namaste Victor Junior

Jesse
Jesse
Down Town NOLA
Down Town NOLA
Carnival Fantasy cruising down the…
Carnival Fantasy cruising down th…
Ready for Dinner