@ Barcelona, day 2 & 3

Barcelona Travel Blog

The next day we walked to the beach (took about 20 min.). We spent the morning and afternoon there. Afterwards, we visited Parc de la Ciutadella and I fell in love with it! It it such a nice park and felt so relaxing!

On day 3 we visited the real tourist places. We started with Casa Battlo and Casa Mila, both designs of Antoni Gaudi. I loved the architecture, it's not something you see every day. It really is worth it to see the inside of both buildings. Afterwards, we went to see the Sagrada Familia. When we were walking towards it I could really feel what an impressive building it is. However, as this famous church is constantly renovated, it did not look like a church inside but like a building site. At the end of the afternoon we went to Park Guell with the subway. We still had to walk quite a bit, but the scenery was really beautiful. We even had to go up escalators because the hills were so steep! When we finally arrived, I was again overwhelmed by the architecture! I especially liked the bench on the roof. A few years ago there was a Belgian tv program and in one episode candidates had to remake this bench and they did a good job. But of course it looked better in real life!

Sweetski says:
You haven't been to Barcelona until you have seen the masterpieces of Gaudi :)
Posted on: May 28, 2010