New York Style Pizza

Omaha Travel Blog

Upon the return of one of my business trips, I had arrived safely around dinner time.  Once I cleared through the airport and was on route home, I had called my lovely and suggested we go out to eat if there were no immediate plans.  I opted to pick up the family and head to Frank's Pizza.

Frank's Pizza is owned by a guy named Joe who is a native of Brooklyn, New York.  Joe opened up this pizzeria at least five years ago and it has been a hit.   All of us transplanted New Yorkers quickly contributed to the success by spreading the word and frequenting the establishment.

Frank's Pizza is located in the center of a minor strip mall or plaza.  It has a glass window front.  As you enter the pizzeria, you are surrounded by the seating area.  Tables and chairs adorn the center while booths guard the walls.  On the walls are a mixture of New York sports memorabilia as well as some of the local minor league sports times.  There are also framed articles of newspaper write ups symbilizing the pride of ownership.  Twelve plus paces in resides the counter where Joe usually stands or supervises the orders being taken.  Like a good proprietor, he remembers returning faces and thanks them for their business.

We opted for a large cheese pizza and we talked about our week.  The slices are cut big to allow for proper folding of the slice as is done in New York.  Paper plates and plastic utensils complete the relaxed setting.

Frank's Pizzeria