So close to heaven

Playa Santo Domingo Travel Blog

Can a beer look and taste better? A Toña at Natural on Playa Santo Domingo

After having visited Altagracia, we wanted to visit the wonderful Santo Domingo beach or Playa Santo Domingo as it is called locally. On our way to Altagracia we had seen a sign towards the beach but also a sign indicating that there would be road construction. It turned out that the normal road had been blocked because they were working on bringing it up to the same standard as the other main road of the island. When we arrived there a local bus was trying to get up from the deviation and it seemed pretty difficult.

We waited until the bus had managed to get out before we could go down the intermediate road; the deviation road was quite bad but it was nothing that our everywhere-driving-all-eating Yaris could not handle.

The view at the beach with the mighty Maderas in the background
After a while of bumping up and down I was speculating on these poor people in the bus, but at the same time we were back on the unpaved road. We followed that for some time and it brought us straight to the narrow strip of land connecting the two volcanoes, and harbouring one of the most beautiful beaches of Ometepe.

We drove along the whole beach in order to find the best place to enter the beach but I decided to drive back to where we came from and go down from the Concepcion side which looked the easiest. There we also found the bar or restaurant; Natural. Entering there turned also out to be one of the best places to have full visual access towards Maderas and the whole beauty of the beach.

The Natural bar has an all natural products menu and they even make the tea from the garden.

One of the houses at the beach
We found a place where we could sit and enjoy the view. Babs wanted to have a long walk on the beach and I was satisfied with the view in the first instance. I ordered a beer and sat down and enjoyed the view. There was no doubt that I had a smile on my face; even writing these lines make me smile.

The view was stunning and I could sit there this moment as well; besides the view the whole atmosphere was calm and relaxing. Next to me a young American couple was sitting discussing the possibility of buying a lot there and I could only smile at their ambitions and wish them all the luck and success in the world and just hope that their dream would come true.

We stayed there for around 1½ hour before we decided to leave for the next sight.

Chokk says:
Det var helt fantastisk - vi mødte også en del mennesker der var ved at kigge på ejendom. Unge og med ambitionen om at starte på en frisk
Posted on: Jan 25, 2011
Stigen says:
Santa Domingo er definitivt det beste stedet å bo på Ometepe !
Moyagalpa og Altagracia er ikke så veldig vakre !
Posted on: Jan 25, 2011
Can a beer look and taste better? …
Can a beer look and taste better?…
The view at the beach with the mig…
The view at the beach with the mi…
15-20 meter up in the tree
The tiger
The bar; Natural
The bar; Natural
Playa Santo Domingo Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
A Toña beer in a place called heaven!
Between the two mighty volcano’s; Concepcion and Maderas on the beach Playa Santo Domingo you can find a small bar or restaurant called Natural. … read entire review
Playa Santo Domingo