Final morning in Esteli

Esteli Travel Blog

Message on a wall

After a wet day and several showers I had hoped that I at least could have a good night sleep, and I actually slept well in my corner of the hotel. I woke up quite early as usual and soon after a siren called over the entire neighbourhood.

I quickly came to the conclusion that it was a drill or a mistake, because I was sure all the women taking care of the hotel would make more noise than they already did. They were all already moving the brooms around in the patio of the hotel and took it quite easy so I did the same.

The hotel was run by a group of women one older than the other, by the looks I estimated that most of them were in straight bloodline but there were one or two in-laws as well. The only guy I saw was the night watch man and him I was not sure who to match with, but he was probably somehow connected to the family.

Message on a wall

We went out for some breakfast and it was more difficult than we had imagined because we wanted a combination of both breakfast and fresh fruit. We walked almost to the end on Calle Central before we found a good place to have the breakfast but without the fresh fruit, because we gave up and decided to split the breakfast in two places.

The place we found; Reposteria Gutierrez was a really nice place with great coffee and fresh bread. There was a huge  turnover of people in the shop and we had obvious found a place that was popular with the locals. One half of the place was a normal bakery shop and the other half was full of benches where you could enjoy breakfast.

The people behind the counter were working hard and still had a smile to share. I manage to get a good cup of coffee and some really nice sweet bread.

Opening her shop

We tried to every day benefit from the fact that we were in a country that was floating in fresh fruit and next mission was to find a place that served some fresh fruit cocktails in order to get the day started with a smile.

Just around the corner from our hotel and a place we had place several times without noticing there was a great fruit bar. We entered a small door in a huge graffiti destroyed blue wall and something special appeared. The Licuados Ananda was in the Lonely Planet and I would surely have missed out on it if had it not been for the book.

Inside you had a place that could have been the coolest place in town. Everything was green with plants and flowers. In the middle of the place you an unfortunately empty swimming pool surrounded by chairs and tables under terraces covered in flowers and plants. In the corner you had a small bar where they make the fruit drinks.

I had cold lemonade and it was refreshing and wonderful. It was truly a great place to end our stay in Estelí.

We went back to the hotel afterwards and packed the last things and left Estelí for the hot coast in Jiquilillo.  We filled the car again with all our stuff and some cold bottles of water and off we went towards the coast.
Shop action
Shop action
Just waiting
Just waiting
This commercial was everywhere in …
This commercial was everywhere in…
All bared up
Fixing the shop
Great place
Great place
Esteli Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Good place for breakfast in Esteli
Esteli Restaurants, Cafes & Food review