Day two of fun

Napa Travel Blog

walking around town

The day started off pretty flat. Well, at least the tire on my car. So, I went driving around to get that thing fixed and ended up a little turned around in Napa. How does one get turned around in a city of straight streets? Oh well.

Julien and I sat and drank our Peet’s Coffee out on the patio and it was really nice; people watching, sharing some stories and just enjoying the cool crisp air. The day got better as we headed out to visit various wineries up and down the valley.  Freemark Abbey was our first stop and we had a good time there. Our visit continued with Domaine Chandon, O Brien Estate Wines,  a stop in Dean and Delucca, lunch at Hurley’s and a walk around Yountville all before we would head to Whole Foods to get some food for our evening BBQ at his house.

Dinner at Juliens

That day was a bit sad for everyone because the family Julien lives with had an unexpected death that day. It was pretty sad and the loss was truly felt by everyone that day. Julien was able to lighten up the day by starting the grill, the smoke was the best part, well maybe tone of the best parts. It began to rain and we still enjoyed the grill at the door. Jesse had some great sausages and rolls as well as the wine. We also had some pretty good shrimp and fresh pineapple soaked in rum and brown sugar; straight off the grill and delicious. Because of the tragedy, we decided to make it an early evening, so I took off back to Sacramento. The weekend was really good and Julien was the most hospitable host. We had so much fun that I know we will get spend some more time together someday soon.

Julien and Jesse
Julien and Jesse
great breads. Look at the line
great breads. Look at the line
Napa Sights & Attractions review
Romancing the wine
Ok, so, they are a small little winery that produces some really big wines. The idea behind these wines and the winery is a really fascinating story, … read entire review
Napa Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Great Dark Roast
Peet's is refreshingly different from other coffee shops in Napa, no other names are necessary are they? As soon as you walk in, you can smell the hot… read entire review
Napa