Chilax

Napa Travel Blog

Hello Julien

Finally got a chance to meet this guy. Julien is a hoot. We really had a good time on our visit. It all started when I was headed to Paris for the New Year and was trying to meet up with Julien. He has a real love for the USA and everything about him was contagious. Our plans to meet up while I was in CA turned out to be a real highlight to my trip.

Our weekend would begin after Julien completed work that Friday afternoon. Julien met me at the entrance to his place of employment: Domaine Chandon. Man this place was beautiful. We would meet up with a couple of his friends and try some of the bubbly they produce here. It was a quick time of meeting his roommate Jesse and another friend, I forgot her name.

Our plans were to have dinner and enjoy some wine that evening. We enjoyed a great feast at the restaurant called the Bounty Hunter, see review. The place was pretty cool. They even give you a chance to show off your wine skills, which I failed at miserablely.  I didn’t feel so bad because these guys didn’t get the right answer either.

Dinner was great and we all laughed for hours, but it was getting late and we had all had a very long day so we decided that Saturday would be here soon enough, so let’s just wait on it and enjoy it.

The vineyards
the sky above the winery
the sky above the winery
Napa Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
A Bounty of a Hunt
This was a great little place in Downtown Napa. I really enjoyed it for many reason, but mostly because it was in a place that was a bit off the beate… read entire review
Napa