Leaving Batad

Batad Travel Blog

Was supposed to be up by 5 am. But with the cool weather and soft mattress, I can't get myself to get up from a peaceful slumber. I only got up when my tour guide knocked on my small door telling me that we're about to leave. So, I hurriedly showered, dressed up and finished packing.

Panhon told me that I should try on the Ifugao costumes they have on the inn. I did and I thought it was cool. The first costume I tried on was for the village chieftain. So I donned a bahag, the headdress and held a walking stick on one hand and a betel nut bag on the other. I had a woven cloth draped over my upper body. I thought it was cool. The second costume I tried on was that of a hunter. The headdress was replaced with a helmet, the woven cloth with a big necklace. I had a spear and a really cool backpack made of bird's feathers. I gamely posed for the camera and well, I thought I could give the Ifugao natives in Banaue a run for their money.

After that, I changed to my 'normal' clothes and bade goodbye to Cecilia and to Ramon (the owner) who was there also. The trek up to the saddle point is a lot challenging than the way down for obvious reasons. Good thing is that we took the longer route to do away with the steep steps up.

Another good thing is that upon reaching saddle point, a jeepney was on the way to the town proper which I boarded. Riding this jeepney means doing away with the one hour trek to the junction.

mightor20 says:
@rheagirl, dinelete ko hehe sagwa kasi
Posted on: May 16, 2013
rheagirl says:
so where are the pictures of you wearing the native clothes?
Posted on: May 16, 2013