Couchsurfing in Dublin

Dublin Travel Blog

first heard about from this American guy I met in Spain. It sounded so crazy, that I had to check it out.

Thursday night.
Dave whom I've met through Couchsurfing, meets me at the airport. I think it amazing how an absolute stranger can be so generous and hospitable. You spend five minutes with him and you think you've known him for years. We go out to town. I try my first Irish Guinness. I like the feeling of doing something for the very first time. We go to a club. Dublin people are nice - friendly, conservative but with a good sense of humor.

I spend the day on a City tour. Excellent way to see the city. I stop off at the Guinness Brewery and spend a few hours there. That night, Dave and I hit the pubs then off to the same club as last night. We meet some random irish girls. I start a conversation, but her boyfriend come over and gets a bit insecure. Dave hooks up with this cute "almost jessica simpson lookalike". Funny night.

I sleep in. Dave drops me off near the bus station. I hang around town for a while then back to the airport for my flight.

All up, a great trip. Dave is one of those really nice special people. I want to be like this guy!