Surviving Caramoan p1

Caramoan Travel Blog

I left Legazpi by 6 am, then boarded a van going to Naga City which I reached by 9 am. From Naga City, I had to take another van going to Sabang port (where the boats going to Caramoan are) and reached it by 10:30 am. I were able to board the boats by 11 am and reached Guijalo Port in Caramoan by 2 pm. I was only planning to stay overnight in Caramoan but since I found the amount of time spent a bit abrupt, I decided to stay for one more day.

I already contacted someone in Caramoan even before going to Bicol. A habal-habal named Rene picked me up at the port. He then helped me have my lunch in the town center before looking for a place to stay.

The good thing is that Rene's cousin provide homestay accomodations to tourists for a very cheap price. This was really beneficial for me since I was already spending a lot of money in commuting from one place to another.

Rene also helped to find me a group willing to share the cost of the boat for island hopping. I was lucky to be sharing the boat with a family from Naga City. We took the shorter route for island hopping visiting the nearby islands only. We stayed for awhile in Bunsad island was able to saunter on Tinago Island and one other island which name I forgot. We passed by other islands (some of which were inaccessible due to the Survivor shooting going on) like Matukad, Gota, Hunongan and others.

After the island hopping, Rene helped me to town for dinner and also to watch a basketball game of the cast of Survivor: Israel versus some players in Manila.

mightor20 says:
hi carl. tnx for the visit and sorry for the delay. i took advantage of one of the homestays around the area. it was offered by Rene who picked me up and whose number you can see in the comments below. I hope the number is working pa. hope this helps. Let me know if i can help u with other stuffs.
Posted on: Mar 26, 2012
carlnombrado says:
hi, I just wanna ask if there are affordable lodges in Caramoan for backpackers? Nice blog
Posted on: Mar 21, 2012
mightor20 says:
hi ja, sorry for the late reply. rene's no is 09162577997. rate for short trip is P1,500 while for the long trip is P2,500. have a safe trip! :D
Posted on: Jun 09, 2010
Sabang port
Sabang port
strong porters carrying passengers…
strong porters carrying passenger…
Caramoan