Island Hopping

Pundaquit Travel Blog

I travelled with two classmates from college. We were planning to catch the first trip going to Iba but the none of us woke up! So we had no choice but to take a bus going to Olongapo and then another bus going to San Antonio totalling 5 hours. We checked in at Patio's Inn where we had a room big enough for 6 people. We intended to ask other classmates to go with us but none of them was able to come. We had lunch and then prepared for our boat trip.

First stop was Camara Islands where one can do some boulder climbing. My friend was able to reach one of the higher peaks in the island. I didn't because I chickened out.

Next stop was Capones Island where the Capones Lighthouse is. The steep steps to the lighthouse is definitely not a walk in the park. But all the gruelling steps taken were worth it after seeing the lighthouse and the panoramic view from above.

The last stop was the Anawangin Cove. This is one place I was really looking forward to seeing for its fine sand and pine trees. I was a bit disappointed to see the multitude of tourists on the island. With all the noise and the clutter, the cove is not a place for relaxation. But still, the place does not lose its majesty. I'm planning to go back here during off season and probably pitch up a tent with friends.

After the boat trip, we had dinner at the resort. The food was delicious but still really pricey. A couple of beers after, we dozed off.