Mules and condors

Colca Canyon Travel Blog

All the others got up at 5, but I had decided to take a mule up the mountain so I got up at 5.45. I could either walk up the mountain which would take about 3hours (probably a lot longer for me), or I could ride a mule instead. The last option sounded more tempting and I was really happy I chose that when I woke up and was really sore from the day before. The mule ride was awesome, but also a little scary! :o)
We had a good breakfast in a little town in the mountains, we stopped at the hot springs and relaxed by the pool for about an hour, really nice! We had a nice lunch and on the way back we stopped by the condor place and we were lucky enough to see a condor and get a few pictures of it. Then it was 5 hours back to Arequipa. On the way back the French couple said they were doing a tour to Lake Titicaca in the morning.
I wanted to do that too, but hadn't booked anything, so I decided to join them. I went with them to their hostel and booked the same tour for 80soles which I thought was a good price.
I went back to the hostel and had a shower before I went to the same restaurant as I had lunch at the other day to have a quick dinner before I had to catch the bus. When I came to the restaurant I sat down and at the next table there was a guy also by himself, so we decided to have dinner together. Then I had to run back to the hostel to get my bag and then headed to the bus. The French couple was going to catch the bus an hour later than me, so we were just going to meet up at the bus station in Puno the next morning.
m_mspr says:
It was!! Not just because I was too tired to walk anymore, but it was an awesome experience! :o)
Posted on: Jul 07, 2010