Oslo Travel Blog

My original plan was to go to Thailand, Cambodia and Laos this summer, but because of the conflict in Bangkok, my friends and family really didn't want me to go there. I thought about it and didn't want them to be worried so I decided to go to Peru instead. I have never been to South America, so it's about time and I've been wanting to go to Peru for a really long time.
I booked my ticket 3 days before the departure date so I don't have much time to get everything in order. I went to Kilroy to get an ISIC card and got a copy of Lonely Planet Peru, I always think Lonely Planet is helpful on my trips.
I've searched online, on travbuddy and looked through the LP book, so now I've got a pretty good plan of what I am going to do.
It's hard to pack because it is going to be everything from 8-30 degrees Celsius, so I need everything from a bikini to winter clothes. I am just bringing old clothes so I can throw them away if I find something else I would like in Peru.
I am leaving tomorrow evening and I am really excited. Don't really know what to expect, but that's part of the fun!
Talked to some people here on TB and think I am going to wait to book things until I get there, except a hostel the first night.

Still haven't decided if I am going to spend some time in Lima when I first get there, of I am just going to head south right away and spend my last few days there before I go home...
sweettangerine says:
I know... I'd rather post it in English, but since I wrote it in Dutch in my diary, it seemed too big job to translate it all over again. Maybe I would at some point, but there are still so many journals to copy.

Though Dutch and Norwegian have a lot in common, I noticed on my little trip to Oslo in January :-)
Posted on: Jun 26, 2010
m_mspr says:
Wish I could read yours, but I don't understand it! :o)
Posted on: Jun 25, 2010
sweettangerine says:
Lovely to read about your travels! It brings me right back there :-)
Posted on: Jun 24, 2010