2 week trip

Palawan Travel Blog

After I left my job in Boracay I decided I needed to see a little bit more of the philippines so I went to Palawan.  Palawan is so big and you have to take buses or vans to get around so it took a long time to get form point a to point b.  Since I only had 2 weeks I started in Puerto Prinecsa then El Nido, TayTay, Pt Barton and then back to Puerto.

I wanted to go the cheap way from Boracay to Palawan so I took a cargo boat.  To begin my trip I had to take a boat from Borcay to Caticlan then a 6 hour van to Iloilo.  In Iloilo I got on the cargo ship, I thought I would be getting a private room with a bath....oh no.  The ship is a real cargo ship!!  There were 3 different levels- general public inside, general pblic outside and tourist area wish had on about 40 beds and AC.  Not being prepared for this I froze my ass off at night.  It was cots with out pillows or blankets but I found out later that you could rent pillows and blankets.  I was happy I had my bathsuit wrap with me and my travel pillow so I could use that at night when it was freezing inthe tourist section.

The ship took 2 nights and 1 day to get to Puerto Princesa.  On the day journey we stoped in Cujo to drop off cargo so we had about 6 hours to walk around.  I walked the city and then meet this wonderful lady her drove me around in her tricycle- for free- just to point out areas of the island.  She was so kind and invited me to stay with her and her family for the night but I had already book the ship to go to Puerto.

When I arrived in Pureto I stayed at a cheap hostel-Bundel Inn,  it was only 400 pecos for a fan room and it was located close to the area with things to do.  The next day I took a van to El Nido.  What a beautiful place and clean!!  I stayed at Og's guest house.  The guest house was right on the water and close to the middle of town.  OK it is El; Nido..everything is close.

I went to a few cool places but the best was Lonesome bar.  The wall were all red so I had to go in.  The people were so friendly and I sat and talked to Giselle (the manager for quite a while) After i went to a local disco adn meet a ladyboy, had a great time with her/him.  The next night ladyboy pulled me around town and took me to karokee where she/he sang for me....WOW what an amazing voice!

Palawan Hostels review
Nice hotel, I would suggest to call ahead becuase they do not have a bunch of rooms, it was cute and avbout 900 for an AC room- this was in off season… read entire review
Palawan