My Welsh Holidays

Caernarfon Travel Blog

In the meanwhile I decided to remind my previous holiday. It was in North Wales, and it was great. I still have quite a lot of wonderful emotions and impressions. One of the first impressions were sheep... many of sheep, actually. :) Of course, it was not the main thing which impressed me much. I really was in love with castles! Criccieth Castle, Harlech Castle, Caerfarnon Castle, Beaumaris Castle. Also I was very impressed by Welsh Highland Railroad. It is a great way of travelling there. So there I could see all the beauty of Wales (not quite all, actually. And I should admit that it was freezing. :) But anyway, it was great. The last station was Beddgelert - beautiful place with a very sad legend. So, this is it. Now I can say, that North Wales (or is it better Gogledd Cymru?) is one of that beautiful places everybody should visit. Wales is really a great place. And I am still in love with its strong winds, bright colours, impressive mountines, positive people, old castles and, of course, the spirit of legends. I hope I will go there at least one more time.
seraphimkarlien says:
We once drove through the area to get the ferry to Ireland at Holyhead, and I went on a daytrip to Wales later when I was staying with friends in England near the border. Would like to visit longer some day, nice to read your report and see your pics.
Posted on: May 25, 2010