A visit from dad..

Stockholm Travel Blog

The Royal Castle, Stockholm
Left the hotel at 9 AM by taxi to go to the Moderna Museet where there'd be another Royal event. This time the yearly Europa Nostra Kongress. The Swedish King, Queen and Princess Madeleine attended - along with Prince Henrik of Denmark. Spend a few hours there - did a few photos and was "forced" to listen to two more or less (ehm...) interesting hours of talk about Swedish buildings, and a panel discussion.. I was actually supposed to stay there all day, but decided that I'd gotten my photos and started my trip back to town by foot.

Another very warm day!

When I got to the water (which there's A LOT of in Stockholm) I discovered that the Danish Royal ship, Dannebrog, was there. Prince Henrik used it as his "home" while visiting. Shot some beautiful photos (the ship, the Castle, the water, the city itself.
Dannebrog in Stockholm
.) before I made my way back to the hotel.

Just as I got back my dad called me - he was in Stockholm! He wanted to surprise me so he'd caught a flight in the afternoon - just to come eat dinner with me. Had booked a room at my hotel, and would be returning to Denmark the next morning. A great surprise - and suddenly I was very happy I'd left the Moderna Museet early!

We met up at the hotel and walked to Gamla Stan (the old - and very beautiful - part of Stockholm) to get dinner. We ate at a great outdoor resturant (can't remember the name?) and had coffee at a beautiful café afterwards. Thereafter we went to Stureplan (the "hot" area in Stockholm) for a few drinks - and then back to the hotel.
Chokk says:
Sounds like a great dad:D
Posted on: Jun 24, 2007
Dannebrog in Stockholm
Dannebrog and the Royal Castle, St…
Dannebrog and the Royal Castle, S…
Stockholm