The Princess' birthday - and returning home..

Stockholm Travel Blog

My last day in Stockholm. I really enjoyed my stay but working that much - and being on your own at the same time - is quite hard for that many days in a row. Would might like to move to Stockholm for a periode - I've always loved Sweden - but at this time I was happy that I'd soon be home in Copenhagen.

Slept 'til 8 AM, got down for breakfast and went to Stockholm Castle to meet up with my Swedish/Swizz friend.

Today Swedens Princess Madeleine turned 25 years old - and my last assignment on this trip was to cover that event. I got there quite early, so managed to get quite a good spot in the press area. At 12 o'clock the Princess and entire Swedish Royal Family entered the Inner Courtyard to receive the people's celebrations. The Swedish Army Drum Corps played some music, the Princess received flowers and waved, and in 20 minutes it was all over.

Afterwards I went for a quick drink at a café before I went to the hotel packed my suitcase and checked out. At 2.05 PM I was at the airport train, and at 6 PM I was back in Copenhagen..

An interesting assignment - but boy, I'm looking forward to sleeping tomorrow away..

If you're interested in seeing more of my royal photos - go to my website: to check them out.
photo by: Chokk