The President of China!

Stockholm Travel Blog

Chinese State Visit in Stockholm
The alarm rang at 6 AM and I had big trouble getting out of bed.. Pressed the snooze button til 7, and had to skip breakfast to get to Hovstallet in time for the Carriage Ride.

The weather outside was awful - SO hot, and so early??!! (Hey! We're in Scandinavia - it's not supposed to be so hot in the beginning of June?!). I walked through town, and the closer I got to Hovstallet, the more Chineese on the streets. With flags, dragons and music. Quite interesting actually, and even though I mostly wanted to go back to bed, it was quite funny to experience. It almost felt like being in China (though I've never been there, so I wouldn't quite know actually..).

Arrived at Hovstallet and waited for the carriage ride to begin. Many beautiful horses and men and women in uniforms.
Chinese State Visit in Stockholm
And then the carriages appeared. The Swedish King and the Chineese President in the first one - and their wifes in the second one. Unfortunately it was closed carriages, so it was quite hard to photograph - but I managed to get a few good shots. And hey - now I've seen the President of China! That's one person I never thought I'd get to see!

On my way back I went down to the castle to get some shots of the Chineese atmosphere.

When I reached to hotel I found out that breakfast was still on, so I got something to eat and then got back to bed. Slept most of the afternoon, went out for a few hours and brought some dinner back to my room before uploading photos and returning to bed. A hotel bed has never felt so good before.. ;)
Stockholm