The National Day

Stockholm Travel Blog

The National Day - Stockholm
June 6th - Swedens National Day..

Didn't do much except working. Started the day outside the Castle at 9 AM. The weather was really hot, and I really regretted bringing my jacket - hard having to carry it along with two heavy cameras.

At 10 AM the Swedish Princess Madeleine and Prince Carls Philip entered the "Opening of the Castle". 7 minutes and my work there was done. On my way back to the hotel to upload photos I went to a café with a Swedish photographer-friend of mine that lives Switzerland. I've actually never met her before, but we've had contact for the past 10 years over the internet, so it was great to finally meet up.

At 4 PM we met up again to go to Skansen where there'd be some more National Day events. The weather was awfully hot! All the Swedish Royals attended, I did my job and went back to the City.
The National Day, Stockholm

When I arrived back in the city I went to the Kungsträdgården where there's been "Food-week" for the past week. It was the last evening, and therefore there was a big concert by Swedish band Melody Club - one of my personal favorites. I stayed for the concert and shot some photos. I've never really shot concert photos earlier on - which is a whole lot different from the press-photography I usually do, so it was great with some practise. The worst thing with concert photography is usually the light, but since this was outdoor and the clock was only 9 PM there was still quite much light, so it wasn't that difficult. Couldn't get in front of the stage though, as there was quite many people - so I was standing on the side.. Funny how much attention you get when you wander around with a big camera like mine..

After the concert I went back to the hotel, spend 3 hours loading up photos and then went to bed..

Stockholm