Goodbye United States!

College Station Travel Blog

Today is my last night in the United States of America with an F-1 visa. I am not sure when I'll be back, but I am sure I will stay in touch; being a graduate student from a Louisiana University, there will be many occasions in which I will need to come back.

I am glad that during my stay here I could visit a lot of places, many more than I dreamed of when this journey just started. Four years ago, I had a completely different (and very mexican-biased) idea of what the States were, but now I am happy that I could get to know what the States really are. Some people were great, some not that great; some places were awesome, some just plain boring. There is still a few places that I must visit in the future, like NYC or San Francisco, but I feel contented with all that I saw.

Now I have to get used to living in Mexico again, not that I have forgot, but I am really not that used to that overwhelming (and sometimes abusive) hospitality and care for your life and what you do. Yeah, mexicans are very hospitable, but sometimes tend to ignore the safe lines of privacy. I hate that everytime I am back home everybody ask me when will I get married and try to give me advise on how to live my life. I will certainly miss that from the States! In a way that's one of the things that made me more comfortable about being here, that sense of being able to do whatever I wanted without having people questioning or mind about it. But on the other hand, it will be nice to have my closest friends back again. I guess there are good and bad things about every place on earth.

Goodbye USA, hello Mexico! And hello Colombia and Europe in between :P The next journey is about to begin!
montecarlostar says:
I think you definitively can!! And it will be very successful :D GDL is a very cool city :)
Posted on: Jun 02, 2010
esterrene says:
you know I will!!!! do you think I could open a tea and chocolate shop in guadalajara?!?! :P:P (the shop is my escapist dream!)
Posted on: Jun 01, 2010