Escaping Ruston

Ruston Travel Blog

My last day in Louisiana! The long awaited day had finally arrived. I still had a few things to settle. The first thing was a doctor check at the hospital. Everything was alright, and then I went for the last meeting with my advisor. I didn't want to get too emotional, but it felt weird that it would be the last time we would chat as advisor and student. I fixed the last few things I had to to at Tech and delivering the exit survey was my last official act at the University.

Then I went selling my Blazer and this time I did feel a little emotional :'( Lol. That SUV was my travel partner for the last 4 years! We travelled from DC to Chihuahua and from Florida to Guadalajara! I know I shouldn't have feelings for cars, but this was really hard :(

Then me and my homie Gringo left for College Station. It felt really weird to leave Ruston. As if four years would have passed by in a second.  The trip was really enjoyable, but we arrived very tired and very late. After putting all my luggage down we went for dinner and a little night tour of College Station and Bryan. Then straight to bed as I was dead!
montecarlostar says:
Hahaha that is true!! I remember the Chevy I had back in Chihuahua, he and me were best buds!! Never left me alone or stranded, totally adventurous as his master hehe and this Blazer... she was so nice for me too... in the end she got a little achy, but maybe she was already feeling I would leave her :(
Posted on: Jun 01, 2010
esterrene says:
I totally get attached to my cars!!! Betsy, hilda and now Simone!!! Betsy was my fav! I actually considered her family. She never failed me and if she did she failed in places where I could easily get help.. Hilda was a B*tch :P total attitude problem, but Simone is full of spunk and loves the open road... LOL see they each had a different personality :P
Posted on: May 31, 2010
montecarlostar says:
You are right Huib! I think it's part of being human to have feelings for a car, especially when it shared so many things with you.

I really loved tis SUV, but I am not sure if I will buy something a bit smaller in Mexico. Guadalajara is a heavy traffic city and I don't want to be having problems to park everytime. I think I will miss the large spaces of the USA!
Posted on: May 30, 2010