It's 5 O'Clock In The Morning

Glasgow Travel Blog

Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport

It's 5 o'clock in the morning, so I must be at the airport, as that's the only time I ever get up that early. Kind of spur of the moment idea, after a few beers on the way home from the football the previous Sunday. Daughter had been studying Germany between the wars for her history exam, and had complained that, for all the places she had been, she had never been to Germany. She had a two week gap, for study leave between her exams, so it seemed a good opportunity as there is a direct flight from Glasgow to Berlin.

So we were up early on the Saturday morning and checked in for our flight to Schoenefeld. Airport was busier than I expected and by the time we cleared security the flight was already being called. Headed for the departure gate and were soon on our way courtesy of Easyjet. Only a two hour flight and both of us managed to grab a little sleep on the plane before arriving in Berlin.

monky says:
Hi Ian congratulations on your latest featured blog!
Have a great weekend;-))
sarahsan says:
Hey Ian! Congrats on being featured! I lived in Munich when the wall came down, but was on a school trip to both West and East Berlin two weeks before it happened. Since I have two friends living in Berlin I have been there many times in the last few years. It´s like you say, it´s a new place!
dothoin says: