Jibikiami Party

Kugenuma Travel Blog

Every year, people of the department in which I'm working organize a Jibikiami Party. All members of the department are invited with their family on a Saturday morning on Kagenuma Beach. Agenda of the party: barbecue (shellfish, octopus, sausages, beef, pork, mushrooms, vegetables, shrimps...), yakisoba and tempura, beer (and other drinks for the kids...). Then, we all go and pull a net out of the sea (this is Jibikiami). Kids and eagles are quite happy of all the fish caught. Then, we go and prepare this fish for eating it raw (this time, we caught a small shark that was cut while still alive... but actually, the fresh flesh was absolutely delicious!). At the same time, fishermen are cutting tunas (the way they do it is a real show in itself!), and we keep on eating... When we are full, we go and play dodge-ball with the kids, or just have a rest and talk. And just before leaving, we all take a plastic bag and a pair of gloves to go and clean the beach (that's what Nissan call "Nice Wave").
Jibikiami: how to spend a great informal time with co-workers. At the beginning of my internship, I felt really lucky to be invited there, almost as a member of a big family.
LostInSpace2010 says:
Shark? o_O For real?! Oh migosh... =)
Posted on: Aug 01, 2010
mightor20 says:
Posted on: Jul 21, 2010
yasuyo says:
The seafoods BBQ is sound delicious:) I'm getting hungry by your blog;)
Posted on: Jun 01, 2010