Tassie

Tasmania Travel Blog

A place to recommend by all means! Very beautiful island, wild nature, animals all around (we saw tasmanian devil!!!!), conservation parks, waterfalls, fern woods, ocean, rock formation.... simply breath-taking! We've been for 4 days, rented a car and drove across and around northern part, which seems to be more interesting. So, first night was in Strahan - very nice place, on the western coast. We drove through Cradle park and been to Cradle Mountain! It is STUNNING! I REALLY recommend it! Devonport was ok (at least civilisation:-)). On the way to Launceston (forgot the name) there was a farm for echidnas and platipus, very interesting. BTW, don't hope for good service and luxury conditions unless you are not in Launceston or Hobart - even food shops are closed after 6 pm! And there is really NOTHING around - just mountains, forest and ocean. So, might not be for solo travelers. At Launceston I'd advise Tasmanian Zoo - to watch feeding of devils, and the area is simply nice, the toen itself is lovely although don't expect any parties. Tamar Valley is VERY nice to drive through and have a stop. But what I loved most of all - is Freycinet peninsula! Do not be lazy to climb the mountain, it takes about 1 hour, so wander shoes are required. The view on the bay is AWESOME!

Wish you a pleasant journey!:-)