AsiaJapanOsaka

DIY Okonomiyaki!

Osaka Travel Blog

Osaka: TB DIY Okonomiyaki night!

After returning from Himeji, I took a bit of rest at the hostel before meeting up with some of the Osaka TBs for our planned DIY okonokmiyaki meet up. Peet invited a few of his friends, while Ayaka and Azzy decided to join as well!

We met up at the Dotonbori bridge - as always - and while we waited, Chris (reikunboy) arrived! He was feeling sick but couldn't contact anyone so he decided to stop by to let us know he couldn't make it. Awww... but it was sweet of him to stop by just to let us know!

Slowly, people started showing up and off we were to the okonomiyaki place. Only problem is, no one knows where it is since the person who planned it (Peet's friend) couldn't make it! Hmmm.

Osaka: TB DIY Okonomiyaki night!

Phone GPS is the key! While the boys play around, us girls followed the directions from the phone and easily found the restaurant les sthan 10 minutes later. Up we went on the second floor and was shown to our 'dining room'. This room has two tables, we were seated to one, with a long flat iron table in the middle cooking. Beer were ordered and picture taking began.

Okonomiyaki - seafood and meat - were ordered. Ingredients were delivered. And the cooking contest began!

Surprisingly, the locals haven't done it before so we ended up learning as we go along. I was obsessed getting the shape perfect - round. Attempt to flip the okonomiyaki without breaking it apart? Failed.

After dinner, Peet and his friends went home - catching the last train. Aaaww...

But Azzy and Ayaka planned to stay out all night!

I didn't really expect to go out all night.

Osaka: TB DIY Okonomiyaki night!
I woke up early for Himeji and had a long day, especially since I plan to leave early for Tokyo the next day, too. But oh well~

First, a bar that Azzy frequently visits. Bar Zero. It was a western style bar, lots of foreigners and japanese alike. The bartenders seems to be foreigners. The drinks were decent and the atmosphere was good. We chatted, drank, and next thing we knew, it was past 3am.

Next up - bowling! Bowling at 3am? Here we go! It was affordable - just like going to a karaoke. But we needed to wait... about 30 mins. While waiting for our turn, I dozed off. Ayaka woke me up and off we were bowling! My score was mediocre. Could've done better. With more practice! Hahahaha...

By the time our time was up, the trains were running again. I said my thanks and we all split up to take our respective trains.

Another memorable visit in Osaka is over!!!

Osaka