The Small Grains of Sand

Palm Beach Travel Blog

As I sit by the beautiful beach, I cannot help but think how fortunate I am. In this next year, I will have some of the best opportunities and experiences of my life thus far. I will be working abroad in Costa Rica this summer then studying abroad for the entire year thanks to Babson College! Each of the places I have travelled to thus far has changed not only my life, but also myself as a person. I have found vast changes within myself as I journey throughout the world. While in Serbia, I learned of my ability to adapt quickly to strange situations. In Hungary, I learned of my resourcefulness. In France, I learned that I am easily frustrated, but also easily calmed down. In England, I learned that I have an insatiable curiosity and desire to play, somewhat akin to a child. In Ghana, I learned that I see myself as an optimist normally, but that I can become pessimistic depending on my surroundings. Also, while in Ghana, I learned that I have a strong ability to influence others, but that I must become more patient in order to do so. In El Salvador, I learned that I am able to live and communicate effectively only using the Spanish language. I also learned that I am more mentally strong than I am physically. With the aforementioned changes in mind, I anticipate further changes and impending maturity as I study and work abroad in the next year.