Kent, Cats, and Cuisine

Sacramento Travel Blog

Who would have thought that a Tuesday evening would turn out to be one of the best days of the week? I was happy to have met up with my new friend Kent. We planned to meet up while I was here in Sacramento and share a meal and a conversation. It was a good time. We really seemed to connect. We shared a great meal at the Brew it Up! Restaurant in downtown Sacramento. The time was spent just enjoy some intellectually stimulating conversation about politics, travel, family, our past, and a lot about our futures. We really enjoyed talking about the issues of the day including the new Arizona law.

The restaurant was closing, well, actually we stayed past closing just talking and realized we should allow the employees to make their way home and so we walked over to another late night bistro called Bistro 33. Along the way, we passed the AT&T building which had some pretty cool old photos from time past. It was interesting to just see the change in clothing, the expressions on peoples face, the wires that carried our conversations and the women who would connect our calls across town or across the country. A simple, but very interesting display of history right on the side of the building.

When we arrived, we were able to sit outside and enjoy the freedom to carry on our conversation uninterrupted.  It was a great time and unfortunately we both had early next day obligations and we had to go our own ways. The entire evening was fun and I learned more about cats than I ever thought I would. Can anyone tell me what a cat is called that is more wild than domesticated? I can. Thanks man.

rogers10 says:
I know how much you love cats. right, lol
Posted on: May 27, 2010
Sacramento Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Great Place to Brew a conversation
This was a great place to meet up with friends in the midtown Sacramento area. I was a bit hesitant in selecting a place that really focuses on beer a… read entire review
Sacramento Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Midtowns hottest corner
Bistro 33 Midtown is a hip gathering spot that sits at the intersection of 16th and K streets in downtown Sacramento. This would be our after dinner n… read entire review