Chicago Travel Blog

It was my first visit to Chicago and I decided I LOVE it there. I love the city and the way it was layed out. Lollapalooza was amazing. I found the love for live music again. My favorite acts were Silversun Pickups, Snow Patrol, Mickey Avalon, Regina Spektor, Muse and Pearl Jam. Silversun Pickups finally got a full hour to play and they totally rocked it out. After the show I got Nikki the bassist to come back to take a photo and she tried to throw me her pick but it didn't make it to me. Snow Patrol was about as perfect as ever. It might have been their best show I've ever seen. Mickey Avalon is a performer!!!! This guy can entertain you. I will definetely see him again when he comes to Dallas in October. Regina Spektor impressed me. I'm a fan for sure now. Muse put on an absolutely insane show. They know to take over the crowd. Pearl Jam really just brought the house down. I totally forgot what they were capable of doing. WOW! It's actually funny because we actually consider not even seeing them. I felt like I had seem a few times before when they were really cool. I also kind of feel like they turned they're backs on us and only frat boys listended to them now. I guess I was wrong. I really had no idea what kind of influence Pearl Jam has made on people. I swear I counted at least 30 Pearl Jam tatoos. I did take a day to see as much of Chicago as I could. Since we had to take the bus and train a lot I got to see quite of bit of it already. I love Dallas so much I very rarely get impressed by other cities. Chicago is one I really enjoyed. I would like to say I could live there but I know they only get good weather 3 months out of the year. Lollapalooza is an amazing festival. It was organized so well. I definetely enjoyed it more than last year's ACL. If you had to pick one to goto, choose Lollapalooza and Chi-town.
photo by: mahoney