Last Day in Key West

Key West Travel Blog

So I wrapped up my last night in Key West tonight. I took a quick snap of the sun setting (take a look at picture below). This place is pretty amazing. I feel like it's spring break for adults. I've had enough rum and cokes to last me a long time. I think it's time to find a new drink anyway. Everyday is spring break down here. Key West is the southern most part of the United States if you don't count Puerto Rico. I'd like to count Puerto Rico cuz I love it there. Eitherway, I didn't know that until I got here. Key West is about 90 miles from Havana, Cuba. So a quick boat trip should get there.

I rented a jetski today and took it around the whole island of Key West. It's about 26 plus miles all the way around. It took me roughly an 1 hour and half. My jetski maxes out at 50 mph and I pretty much kept it there . That's how I roll I stop on a sand bar and chilled out for bit. I think you should always take some time to look at whats going on and to really just take everything in. I feel like I'm pretty lucky to be able to come down here. The round trip started out in the Gulf of Mexico and then entered the Alantic Ocean. I thought that was pretty cool to be able to see both sides in one day. I don't think many people can say they jetski around Key West going through the Gulf and Atlantic. I still say the Mediterranean Sea from the French rivera has the best views of any large body of water.

Key West is really great place. Like many ocean/beach cities, its laid back and slowed down. If you still got a lot of partying left in you, I highly suggest this place. I head back to Miami tomorrow. I'll be hanging out there a few days before I had back to Dallas. Strangely enough, I'm not in a super hurry to get back like I'm normally am. Anytime, I leave Dallas for more than 5 days or so I start getting homesick and ready to get back. Thats how I know I love D-Town. It might be because, I've just kinda took it easy and just let what happens, happen. Doing nothing is pretty great!!
Key West