Welcome to Toronto

Toronto Travel Blog

Landed in Toronto.  Just flew in from Chicago and it was a bumpy flight.  Not the worst I've been in but then again, I would not want to relive some of those either.

I cruise through customs, immigration and finally get to the car rental location.  I travel a lot for business and I do have a need to take people out so I rent a car nearly 100% of the time in Canada.  I know where I am going in the Toronto airport so I fluidly walk my way to pick up my car but did not see my name on the board.   No worries, so I went inside the room to get my car sorted.   With many apologies and assurances, I was pleasantly upgraded to larger sedan and was assuted that it would be here in 15 minutes.  The rental agency was ill prepared for the traffic.  I knew they had been cutting back on resources but this was progressively worse than the recent norm.  I had no rush and I am a patient person so I let them all know not to worry that I would be fine with the wait.

Time past.  A car of the like make that I was going to get finally arrived.  I put my bags in it and set off.  However the security guard properly alerted me that the licence plate did not match my contract car therefore I needed to turn around.  This was my goof completely so I was far from upset, I was embarrassed.  I returned the car to it's location and returned to my waiting post.

There I stood for another 15 minutes.  Another car was brought up.  But after some checking, it was not the contract car either.   At this point the customers had all departed the waiting area and I was one of the few left.  I casually returned to the office and paused to look at my paperwork again - perhaps I was reading the information incorrectly.  Just then the clerk spotted me and ask, "you are still here?"

I explained that it was a minor oversight and nothing to get excited about.  He apologized regardless and placed me in a Cadillac CTS for the price of a Smart car sized vehicle.  I was pleased naturally was very grateful and proceeded to enjoy my CTS.

Moonroof down, I lept to my hotel.  It is rush hour in Toronto and I have a CTS and great weather.  So what do I do?  I park it at the hotel, check in, settle down for dinner in the hotel bar/restaurant.

Toronto Hotels & Accommodations review
Where the staff remembers you
If you are staying in the Mississauga area for business and require a hotel near the airport, I highly recommend this hotel. I travel to Toronto … read entire review
photo by: yasuyo