Day 13-22 Damascus, Palmyra and Al Sanamen

Damascus Travel Blog

So what have happen the last 10 days?

I have tried to spend some time studying - the pace of the course is very high. We are already conjugating verbs and writing sentences with prepositions and adverbs. Until know the grammar has been ok, but I think there are still some heavy things to come. The worst thing at the moment is for sure to learn the vocabulary. New words in a more or less new alphabet takes some time to learn.

There has been many highlights during the last 10 days. Many restaurants, cafes and even clubs has been visited. The Football World Cup has taken a lot of place in Damascus - as I assume it has in the rest of the world. But I think Arabs somehow takes the atmosphere into the country and city, although it's pretty far away.

I went with some friends to Palmyra last weekend. We saw a lot of ruins. But they were really beautiful. The city must have been amazing when the Romans ruled some 2000 years ago.

Last night I went out to a friends home in Al Sanamen, one hour south of Damascus. Syrians know how to make you feel welcome. I had more tea and coffee then ever before, and I had a baba ganousj and a lunch made by Hishams mother that I will never forget.
photo by: Biedjee