Day 1-4

Damascus Travel Blog

I have soon been in Damscus for 4 days. And the city is just being better and better.

I arrived early in the morning on Tuesday. I spent Tuesday and Wednesday to get registered for the Arabic course. I did the AIDS test. I think I passed but I didn't really understand the feedback I got, but it was good enough to be accepted for the language course. I have also done a placement test for he Arabic course. It was really, really hard. Or my Arabic wasn't good enough so I ended up on the first level. Which probably is a good thing.

My hotel the first days was close to the Martyr's square (Al Merjeh) so I spent the first days in the city centre. It's quite modern, with modern cafes, restaurnt and shops. On the other hand it is just like any other city centre.

This morning I moved into a room in a shared apartment in the Christian quarter in the Old city, close to the Bab Touma square. I'm pretty sure I will have a nice time in the apartment and in the area! This is where the fun things are happening! I been walking around in the Old city a few times already, and it is full of hidden trerasures. Believe me!

Today is Friday, so it will be a relaxed day. Maybe going out tonight. No plans for tomorrow yet, but it's soon time to get out of Damascus. And Sunday is school start. Holiday is over already. :-)
Damascus