St. Mary's Loch, in between Moffat and selkirk on A708 road - Day 2

Moffat Travel Blog

St. Mary's Loch
St. Mary's Loch, various facts I learned on the tour bus. So After stopping by Corrieshalloch Gorge, we eventually made or way to the Skye Ilse to our hostel.  On our way, we stopped at St. Mary's Loch to take some pictures in the distance.  We didn't stop at this Loch for very long because it was getting late and we had also seen many Loch's at that point. St. Mary's Loch is the largest loch in the Scottish borders and is between Moffat and Selkirk on Road A 708, in the valley of Yarrow Water.  It is approximately 5 km long and 1 km wide! This was a great day, and I didn't even mind being on the bus very much.  The scenery was abosultely amazing and soothing to the soul.  At one point, our tour guide actually slammed on the brakes so that we could get a picture of their Red Deer.
St. Mary's Loch
  He was so happy to show us the wildlife in Scotland and made it a point to look out for them. Next stoped quickly yet again at another Loch.  The Loch's name was Loch Torridon.  I thought that this was one of the most prettiest Lochs.  It's in the west coast of Scotland in the North east highlands.  This Loch also connects to the Atlantic.  The weather seemed to be a little warmer there too; which was great because I found it to be really cold in Sconltand.  This Loch also unfortunately had a salmon farm in it too. While on the bus, our tour guide Neil gave us some interesting facts that I thought I would share. - One of the 6th most beautiful train rides in the world is between Inverness and Skye Isle. - Loch Claire and it's mountains are about 3 Million years old. - Horseshoe's are lucky because it's made out of IAM "magic".
St. Marys Loch