Excited about the start of my adventure

London Travel Blog

So this sunday, I'm a little stressed about getting on the plane to the UK. Not only am I a little worried because of all the volcanic activity currently going on in Iceland, I'm worried about the first part of my journey. I had had everything planned out to take a 4 day tour with Wild in Scotland and was really looking forward to it; however, the company contacts me 2 days before I leave to go to Scotland, to tell me that they are canceling my tour. They said they tried to contact me via telephone with no luck, so they sent me an email. Luckily, I happened to have checked my email a couple of days before my trip and found this news out. The only downside was that this was now saturday late evening and I knew that I probably wouldn't have a good chance of getting ahold of them. Which as it turned out, I didn't. So needless to say, I was a little nervous but extremely excited to get on the plane to start my first solo adventure.

The plane ride itself wasn't too bad at all. I got to travel with Thomas Cook airlines and it was great. Not only did they provide you with a free pillow and blanket, for comfort during the overnight travel, each set had there own personal t.v. attached to the back of the set in front of you. This was great because it was easy to get comfortable and watch a movie. They also had this cool channel in which you could see what the pilot saw during take-off and at the bottom of the plane. The super served during the flight was pretty good! This surprised me quite a bit.

Overall, even though it was pretty tiring and I didn't get to sleep that much, it was a great experience and I would fly again with this airline in a heart beat.
paul0511 says:
Good blog to read :-) congrats on getting it featured :-)
Posted on: May 22, 2010
Vipin says:
congrats on the feature! Very truthful and infomative blog too!
Posted on: May 22, 2010