The Second Fijian Day

Yanuca Island Travel Blog

waiting for sunrise
Woke up at 6.30am, took some photos of the sun that never rose that day but a glimpse of the rays made us smile in the balcony. We changed to our swim wears and head off to breakfast. We called for a buggy as Loquito doesnt want to walk all the way. The buggy driver took us for a tour around the resort, it was so nice of him. There were very few people when we got to the restaurant, I guess it was too early for people on holiday to wake up. After breakfast, we didn’t know what to do, so we headed off to the gym. It was a far walk and the thought of just going there by walk already digested my breakfast. We reached the gym with a thought that I will just sit outside the gym and read my book. Loquito went inside and just when I found a spot for me to sit outside and open my book, loquito called me to get inside the gym and do some cycling.
sunrise
So he made me sit on the cycle with the book in hand and made me work out and read at the same time. It was like a practical joke and I can hear people laughing in my head, but somehow it was a compromise that I dont have to drop my book from hands.
He set up my work out for 30 mins and and there was no way of arguing. There was a lady next to me doing exactly the same, reading a book and cycling at the same time. Loquito was 4 machines away from me and glancing on my every move. I just dismissed the idea of him watching and telling me what to do next. When my initial 30 mins is over, Loquito was almost finishing. I wrapped myself up and picked up my bag from the floor and went out to sit and read my book just as was initially planned.
the pool behind our hotel room
I read a couple of pages and Loquito came out from the gym. We walked back to our room and started having the idea of playing tennis. We waited for almost an hour for the tennis racket and balls in a little hut in between the tennis courts but to no avail there was nobody nor a sign board that tells us what to do and where to go to get what we wanted. The building in front of us had a couple of workers painting the walls, so we called one for help and the guy promised to come back and disappeared. After about another 20 mins, there was a lady on a bicycle and told us that we had to come with her. I ran towards her and then she drove off to another 20 meters to the Putt putt hut. She gave me the tennis rackets and a set of balls. She made me sign the bill and told me that we have 1 hour to play and that she will collect it back.
I happily signed the bill and off i went to where Loquito was. We played for about 45 mins and then the sun was burning my face and we got thirsty and got very hungry. So, we decided to go for a swim. We went to the swimming pool just behind the hotel building but it was closed for maintenance, so we walked all the way back to the restaurant where we usually have breakfast through the beach. The beach was not that nice, so we never dared to run to the sea to swim. We head to the adults only pool. Loquito found a spot where we can lay down. He jumped right into the pool and asked me to jump right in. The water was cooled as ice and it was not pleasant at all. There were a couple chilling by the pool and another elderly couples lounging by the the pool opposite us.
It was just about 10.00 am, so we decided to go around the resort. We got to the shops and then to the reception and from there we grabbed a buggy towards the spa. We were wanting a massage unfortunately they couldnt accommodate us. They managed to gave us a slot for an hour but that was it, so we decided to skip it. We walked out of the spa and started walking back to our room. It was then around lunch time and so we decided to grab light meals at the Coral restaurant. Loquito had the chicken teriyake and I had the spaghetti with a very weird sauce, nothing like it! The plate was huge and I had a hard time finishing it. We had a french fries and potatoe wedge that goes with it and it was just too much to eat. Of course I dont eat much so it was too much for me.
We took time with our food and finally decided to go up to our room about 2.45pm. Loquito checked his email and I was reading a book on the balcony. The sun was bright and the wind was blowing mildly, it was a perfect day. At about 3.00pm Loquito decided to sleep for an hour or two and then he will go to the gym. I then took over the internet, caught up with some friends on skype and let the time pass by. After 2 hours, i tried to wake Loquito up, but it didnt work. His alarm went off and then he was just lying in bed listening to whatever I was doing. I told him to go to them gym and he was just all quiet. I told him a million times and then he told me that he wanted to stand up but his eyes wanted to close. I burst out laughing at this thought, the most ridiculous excuse I have ever heard!
So, the idea of going to the gym that evening died down, Loquito decided to sleep again.
I went down to the reception to book some activities for tomorrow. I was walking tracing the building pavement patiently, there were lots of frogs around the grass area of the resort so I was very careful not to encounter any of it. If there is one thing I am afraid of it’s frog. I don’t know why but this is one of my fears after of course the fear of losing all my teeth. I surveyed most of the tour offerings they have and took all the brochures with me. After having collected all of their packages, I went back to our room. I tried waking Loquito so we can make a decision together and then we are all set for tomorrow. But he was like a dead log on the bed, so I didnt try much harder. We didn’t have dinner and I decided to dosed off to sleep at 8pm. That was day 2 - a lazy fijian day.
Ruby12 says:
Beautiful!!! :)
Posted on: May 29, 2010
rheagirl says:
Been waiting for the pictures! :)
Posted on: May 21, 2010
walking on the beach!
walking on the beach!
hmmm beach!
hmmm beach!
adult only pool! what does that me…
adult only pool! what does that m…
nobody here