Time to Centralize

Loves Park Travel Blog

Over the past few nights, we had been split up into three households for sleeping.  The family would have felt bad if we'd stayed at hotels.  It would not have been proper to deny their hospitality and stay in a hotel according to our culture.  However, for our final evening before were to drive 8+ hours back, we needed to centralize locations to give us a chance at reasonable departure time in the morning.  So we drove up to Rockfort/Loves Park to stay with my Mom's sister.  This was only two hours away or so and it would be closer to Omaha for the following day.  So we said our goodbyes in Southside Chicago and headed north.

Why we drove i94 I have no idea because we took on end of work day rush hour traffic big time.  In hindsight, we certainly should have taken 294 instead to bypass downtown.  Lesson learned.

It was great to see my Aunt and their family.  We are only 6.5 hours away and yet we don't see each other as much.  They have a nice house and I got to sleep in a real bed.  I went to bed early too and slept with the rain.

Loves Park