Start Thailand journey

Sukhothai Travel Blog

I landed in Bangkok 4 days ago and despite all the news I heard bout riots I didn't notice anything odd. Just some soldiers at key locations in the city. I spent one night in Khao San, since it was the first name I read in the lonely planet. I left for Ayutthaya early in the morning by bus and spent two nights there. I discovered that everything revolves around Buddha here and after three temples I was pretty sure I had seen them all. Nevertheless, they are pretty awesome to see sometimes. I bought a motor bike (more like a cross between a scooter and a real motor bike) in Ayutthaya and considering where it came from I thought it was supposed to serve as spare parts for another bike. It looked like sh.. to be honest.  However, the Thai people are pretty skilled mechanics and fixed it up for me. I spent most, if not all of my second day getting the thing registered to my name, but this proved to be worth it afterwards. After about 160 km riding through Thailand towards Sukhothai (south of Chiang Mai) at a chill 50-60 km/h I discovered that the contraption could reach 110km/h pretty easily. Apparently, the throttle was rusted about half way and I pushed through it during an interesting overtaking maneuver. I'll head to Chiang Mai and Pai in two days and continue to Laos if the bike holds up. There were some locations along the way where I truely didn't want my bike to break down. Oh well, Should be interesting..