Cebu-Bohol-Boracay trip

Philippines Travel Blog

Hi all,

I just what to share with you that I took my family (wife+4 kids) on a 2,5 week vacation to Philippines i June 2010. We booked the flights in early May from Stockholm - Cebu and return, but no accomodation, we planned to go backpacking and book everything on site.

The plan was to fly to cebu and the go by boat to Bohol and an island called Panglao. We had no experience of that place but it had some good reviews in the intranet. Panglao was a success. The beach was very nice (Alona beach) and the athmosfear was calm and relaxing. We also did some dolphine watching and snorkling and that was a great experience. After that we went back to Cebu and booked flights to Caticlan, with the aim of going to Boracay. When we finaly got there it was a bit of a disapointment but nice in some way anyway. It was crowded with tourists and to much focus on shopping. I was expecting it to be quite calm and relaxing, as it was also low season. However, we stayed a week and then went back to Cebu and flew home to Sweden.

Overall the 2,5 weeks was great but if I would go back I would go to Panglao again, that island had its charm and Philippines in general is nicer than the more normal countries to go to such as Thailand as it does not have the very mnuch enoying sales persons chasing you all the time.

Thanks for reading.