Day 7 - And The Winner Is...

Avoriaz Travel Blog

Avoriaz
We all awoke today to our last hearty breakfast, our last day of skiing and our last session of beers and banter. Everyone knew we would have to make the most of it, as it would be another year before we would get the chance again. I'd been a little miffed that my knee had hindered me from advancing on what I did last year, but I was once again happy to ski with Nic and Gav today.

As it was the final day, we stepped it up and took on some of the more trickier blue runs and ventured onto others we hadn't tried yet, which made for a pretty decent day of skiing. I managed to get talking to a few snowboarders today to find out if boarding would be better for me as I have a bad knee. Most agreed I would be able to do more on a board, so I will try out that next year.
Avoriaz

The day was over so quickly and whilst having the usual apr├Ęs ski beer, we discussed the plan of action for dinner. Half the group opted for takeaway Raclet and the other half, including me, opted for pizza. After finishing our meal, we concluded our quiz and had the prize giving ceremony.

Don't ask me to remember the full list of winners, but I know Dave won Best Spill for dislocated shoulder, I won Best Beard, Gav won Best Comedy Moment and Ursula won Best Fart! Yes, a girl won Best Fart; we all know they're the worse at it! Brett, Gav and Dave won the internal pub quiz and amazingly, the Come Dine With Me challenge was a three way dead heat! For our last night we just sipped beer and basically chilled out. Ursula and Guy had to catch a really early flight, so a night out was definitely off the cards. I was feeling the strain after such an action packed week to be honest, as did the rest of the group.

And so my second ski trip ended, and we all departed on our separate ways the following morning. This one has to go down as the best yet, so roll on next year and we can see how I get on with the snowboarding......... well hopefully!
photo by: antschi