Day 6 - Two In A Row

Avoriaz Travel Blog

Pub Quiz, Avoriaz
After the escapades of the following day, and the beers in the evening, I made the executive decision to have the morning off. The low visibility played a little part in my decision as well though. I did feel a little guilty for not making use of the time to ski, but I was on holiday and needed a recharge. The tennis was on again, so I spent the morning with the feet up after demolishing another hearty breakfast.

That afternoon, I skied with Nic and Gav again, with Gav coming on really well despite it being his first time. We stuck to a few familiar blue runs and went a little bit more adventurous nearer the end of the day after finding a couple of new ones. I was pretty content with this as my knee was still feeling as though it could give way if I got too ahead of myself.
Pub Quiz, Avoriaz
The drizzle stayed throughout the day, so I left the camera at home.

For our final dish in the Come Dine With Me challenge, we served up Enchiladas and luckily they went down a storm. Hopefully we had cooked well enough to claim first place. Later that evening, we ventured out to the pub to take part in a quiz hosted by our tour operator, and were keen to win as we had managed to do so last year. As our group was quite big, we had to split into 2 teams and compete against another 8 or so teams. Our team started very well and maintained our lead all the way to the end, claiming first place and pipping our sister team.

Our prize was a free round of drinks, with the rest of my team opting for the most expensive cocktails on the menu. I couldn't bring myself to follow suit and decided on an ice cold pint of Stella. We spent the rest of the night in the pub, goading team 2 with our champion status into the small hours.
photo by: antschi