Day 5 - Animals

Avoriaz Travel Blog

Fancy Dress Day, Avoriaz
Today was by far the best day of the trip, as it was time to roll out the long awaited animal costumes! We had been instructed to bring with us, a costume for a fun filled fancy dress day on the slopes. We tried our best to keep our animal a secret and each prepared ourselves for the big reveal that morning.

The day had barely begun as we presented ourselves in the living space of the apartment, and we were all in stitches. We embarked on the morning ski dressed as follows:

Niki - Butterfly
Ursula - Cat In The Hat
Nic - Zebra
Gav - Monkey
Guy - Crocodile
Brett - Hedgehog
Dave - Gorilla
Tommy - Panda

We had barely gone a quarter of the way down our first run and already the pointing, staring and shouting began. Although I think it was mainly directed at everyone else as my costume was mediocre.
Fancy Dress Day, Avoriaz
The stand out picks for me were Nic, Ursula, Gav, Guy and Dave. Check out the photos for full comic value! The afternoon followed with more of the same, although we did split into 2 groups and went to do our own thing. The zebra, monkey and I stuck together and did a few blue runs together, while the rest of the group tackled some reds.

After a tiring day of skiing and stopping to get our photo taken, we made our way to the pub for the 15min happen hour, still dressed in full costume. The beers were nothing less than welcoming after a busy day. The other guys cooked again tonight and served up some pretty decent burgers, which we washed down with quite a few Leffes! We cracked on with the internal quiz once again and by 11pm I was goosed and opted for an early night. Some of the group decided to go out for a little roll in the snow later on, and thought it necessary to wake me up with a snowball to the face when they came back in. I'd have a little detective work to do the next day to find the culprit!
photo by: antschi