Day 3 - Skiing Is Dangerous!

Avoriaz Travel Blog

Avoriaz
We all, rather surprisingly, awoke reasonably fresh and after the usual breakfast all headed out for a little skiing. Gav and Guy carried on with ski school and the rest of us decided on exploring the other side of the resort. Not long into our run, we attempted a blue which turned out to be more like a red, and my knee all but gave way. During a quick turn, I felt a sharp pain in the knee, so took the rather steep blue very easy and in stages.

When I finally reached the bottom, I could see Dave had faired worse than me. We found him lying on the ground with a set of snapped ski’s and a pretty painful arm. Dave, Niki and I called it quits for the day and got Dave to the resort medical centre, to discover he’d dislocated his shoulder. Sad times, as this meant he couldn’t ski again for the rest of the trip. Luckily, his insurance took care of most of the bill.

I took the rest of the day off after my little scare and chilled out with Dave and Niki, watching some Tennis. Didn’t want to risk completely knackering the knee so early in the week and couldn’t help feeling sorry for Dave’s situation.

The girls took another turn at being hosts for the night, and as it was Burns Night, they prepared a stellar Burns Supper for dinner that went down a storm. Whiskey was the order of the day, as well as a few messy party games and a top quality night was had by all.

photo by: antschi