Massage Marathon

Bangkok Travel Blog

As my trip was winding down I wanted to make sure I got to see the Wat Po Temple and get a massage at the Wat Po massage school. I heard of the school before leaving on this trip and read about it some through my research, however I have to say I was really disappointed in the Thai massage I received. I also had herbal too and it was obvious that it was not done properly. Also it was quite expensive compared to the small shops, actually closer in price to the spa so I was expecting a higher level of work.

I didn't want to go out that way (with a terrible massage experience) and since I had not spent any time in Bangkok I did not know where to go. Having only one day before flying out It was much more challenging to find a legit place like in Chiangmai. I wanted a real Thai Massage and was going to resort to going to a spa. On my way to the hotel I notice a small spot that offered 2 hour Thai so I popped in. The lady asked me right away did I want it strong, medium, or soft and of course I wanted strong! Waan was my practitioner. She was very professional and it was the absolute best massage I ever had. I decided that after having dinner and packing for my flight I wanted to come back for Thai Herbal and Swedish only if I could have Waan. I left, came back, and she did her magic providing me with more incredible bodywork with quality in her touch.

I never had 4 hours of massage in one day that was all about me (in school you practice and switch).

I am Grateful.
magnificent says:
I am grateful for that moment! Talking about letting go =)
Posted on: May 16, 2010
moshers_moll says:
Sounds like total bliss :)
Posted on: May 11, 2010