China or Thailand?

San Diego Travel Blog

At this point I had been studying/working in Massage to some degree for little over 7 years and was really drawn to Asia modalities.

A few years prior I had started my Certification in "Tuina" Chinese massage and really moved by how healing it was with incredible results. I thought to myself that one day I would like to go to China to continue my studies. It was a nice dream. I completed 120 hours in this modality and it became the principle part of my work. The following year (1999) I took a weekend introduction course in Thai massage and absolutely loved it.

Getting Thai massage was easier than giving it because I was not accustom to working on the floor. Although I have practice yoga at the time, being a big guy with previous back problems I didn't think I could sustain working on the floor for 1 1/2 - 2 hours of massage. Most of that stuff was in my head. It was something about Thai massage that moved me deeply and a seed was planted to go to Thailand. Not that I did not want to go to China, Thailand was calling me!

I overcame these self-imposed limitations and in 2009 that dream was realized!
San Diego