dive day III + visiting Kampung Rinca

Rinca Travel Blog

Day III - dive VI: Castle Rock/ Taka Toko Toko
Negative entry as we descended for strong waves in the surface. It was one of my best dive experiences. Great scene of grand pelagic site! The corals, mostly hard corals, made a shape like a castle; tall and wide multi-layers reef dropped you a shadow also dramatic ray of lights. The top of the rock, which is approximately 3 to 4m deep, also offers shelter from the current; I met some white tip sharks, schooling of surgeons, travelies, fusilier, batfishes, mackerel, big grouper, tunas, sweetlips to a moray eel in safety stop.

Day III - dive VII: Taka Mataram
Wow! Finally I met the elegant manta rays! Not just 1-2 but about 13!! Swimming quite near I felt like dancing with the mantas.

Not just under the sea, the lands were another excellence of this trip (and actually the ones that I can share to you in pictures). During liveaboard, I got a chance to visit kampung Komodo, kampung Rinca and Loh Liang, the entrance gate for Komodo watching. Seeing by my own eyes the endemic Komodo dragon, enjoying exotic panoramas of east Indonesia, mingling the local people, especially the kids, perfected the great dives I got. Those really made me want to come back not just once.

Going to Rinca